Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Travel Time!

Okay, so how to travel with cloth?????

I am flying out tomorrow to spend 9 glorious days in California. This is really going to be an adventure. Not only is it the Tot's first plane trip, it is our first trip PERIOD with cloth diapers. So what do you take????? Do you just say to heck with it and go with disposables for the trip? I mean, that seems like it would be the easiest thing, right?

Now what kind of adventure would this cloth diaper experiment be if I just chucked it all and went with disposables for the trip? I mean, if I'm gonna do this, I may as well go all the way, right? So now I get to answer the question of how to travel with cloth diapers!

Luckily this trip is to go see family, so I really won't have to worry about laundry. I had some sample packs of Rockin Green shipped to my brother's house (they arrived yesterday, yay!!!). So now I don't have to worry about how to wash them while away. But what "them" am I going to be washing? What part of my "stash" do I pack? Read on, mamas, read on!

I packed the diaper bag first. 3 Fuzzibunz and 3 bumgenius, plus one overstuffed Rump-a-Rooz for overnight just in case the luggage gets lost! Plus about a dozen washcloths that I use for diaper wipes. Also packed 2 changes of clothes and a couple of miscellaneous things that wouldn't really fit in the carry on. Her emergency medicine supply (motrin and benadryl, plus a thermometer), 3 travel wetbags, and her Issie blanket. Check.

In the suitcase I managed to squeeze in 6 more bumgenius, another Rump-a-Rooz for overnight, and 6 GroBaby shells with insert and booster in each. Plus 4 more inserts and boosters. I now have packed enough to only have to do laundry every third day, but will probably wash every other day just so I don't get stinkies. Plus the travel wetbags don't really hold that much.

I have also packed her iPlay swim diaper. My brother's fam has a pool, and this will be the Tot's first swim experience. I am sooooo excited for her. I hope she loves the water as much as her mama does!

So if I am able to I will try and do an update while on vacay, to let you know how the plane trip went and how the travelling is doing. If not then it will probably be about 2 weeks before I can do another update.

Wish me happy travels and good luck!!! I have a feeling I am going to need it!!!!!

TaTa for now!
TaterTotMom

No comments:

Post a Comment