Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So How Did It Go?

Well, I'm back! The trip went really well. The Tot traveled very well, which I was so proud of! She slept for two of the three flights out, and she slept on the longest flight on the way home. On our way back home I had people commenting on how well behaved she was. Grinning like a proud mommy!!!

So we did have a snag. Apparently my brother does NOT have soft water, like his wife told me. We had to make a mad scramble to find water softener (White King is wonderful!) so that my detergent would work and I wouldn't end up with stinkies (ammonia odor for those of you not in the know). Other than that the whole laundry bit went really well. My sister-in-law thinks I am a brave woman! She tried the old-school style cloth diapers with one of my nieces and gave it up after two weeks. She applauds me for going at it for the past two months. After showing her the diapers I brought, she was amazed at the options out there. Too bad there will be no more little ones for them to fluff up!

Now for Disneyland! We made the trip to "The Happiest Place On Earth" while out in California. So what was in the diaper bag?????? GROBABY'S!!!!! They take up less space so I could pack a smaller bag, which meant less to haul around all day :) Changing was easy, as there are changing stations in EVERY bathroom there. I was even able to change her while riding the train around Disneyland. Hey, when you're wet, you're wet!

Did you know some hotels have laundry rooms for guests to use?????? Thank heavens! Was able to do a load of diapers while staying at the hotel in Anaheim. It cost me six bucks, but it was worth it! Just one more reason I feel comfortable traveling with cloth! My only wish was that I had a portable diaper sprayer :) I am so spoiled!

In other news, the conception journey has begun. Had my first appt with the fertility doctor this past Friday. The really good news is that I may not have to take medications like last time :) Bonus!!! I am sure my coworkers will appreciate that!

Closing on the house in just eight more days!!!!

Busy busy busy!!!

TaTa for now!!

TaterTotMom

No comments:

Post a Comment