Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rolling Right Along

Well, it's nice to say that the last couple of weeks have been good in the cloth diaper world. We have gotten into a routine and have been rash free :)

I have invested in a diaper sprayer. $20 on E-Bay! Definitely money well spent. I had been having some staining issues with poop. Since using the sprayer I am able to get the diapers rinsed really well before putting them in the diaper pail to wait till laundry time. Has really made a difference. If the diaper still has a little bit of staining, I work some real magic..... lay it out in the sun all day! I have heard it talked about forever on different websited, and I finally gave it a try myself. I laid out three diapers that still showed a little bit of staining. At first I was sure it wasn't working. I only had the things out there for a couple of hours. I am soooo impatient! I fixed that, though. Put them out in the morning before I go to work. That way I'm not running out there every 10 minutes to check and see if they are white yet. You have to really let them sit out there all day long, but it's true! The sun really does bleach them back to white!!!

So I am getting ready to tackly my next cloth diaper issue.... travelling. I will be flying next week to California with my mom to visit my brother and his family. We will gone for 9 days, including flying. I am really not looking forward to flying with the Tot. It will be our first plane trip. My two saving graces... my mom and layovers! We are going to be on three different planes, and it appears that the longest single flight will be not quite three hours. We have two different layovers that are at least an hour each. Maybe she can stay put for a couple of hours then run around and get all that cooped up energy out while switching planes :) One can only dream....

Still debating which diapers to take and how many to take. I can't quite pack up my whole stash (dangit!!!). So the question is... pockets or hybrids??? Do I pack my bumgenius or my grobaby's??? Do I take some of each? What is going to be the best way to do this? We will be staying with my brother and his wife and kids, so laundry will not really be an issue. I have already ordered some Rockin Green samples to be shipped to them so I don't have to worry about soap (one issue dealt with!). Also to take into consideration.... spending a day at Disneyland while there! It seems like the groBaby's will take up the least amount of space, but I have to change them a little more frequently so I have to make sure to take enough inserts and soakers. What to do, what to do? Hmmmmm.....

In other news, last weekend the Tot went to the babysitters with nothing but cloth diapers! No disposable inserts!!! I ran out and didn't buy anymore, so I said "What the heck! Now is as good a time as any to go for it with the babysitter!" Miss Ruby did very well. She is such a saving grace for me. She has been willing to work me on the whole cloth thing, and hasn't given me any grief about it. I wish all childcare providers were as great as her! Our only issue this weekend: the Tot taking off her diaper when she wears a dress. Have to make sure to put a onesie or some shorts on her or she will strip herself nekkid! I don't mind it so much here at home, but Ruby about has a heart attack when the Tot strips! She is worried about her pooping and peeing without a diaper on. I just look at it as one more sign we are getting closer to potty training!

Posting will be somewhat sporadic for a bit. Besides taking the leap and going for Tot #2, I have also bought a new house!!!! Closing early in September, and then moving, so every extra minute is filled with something!!!

Also, for my friend who I loaned the diapers to, hope the trial went smooth! Can't wait to see you Friday morning to find out how it all went!!!!

TaTa for now!!

TaterTotMom

No comments:

Post a Comment