Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Oh the AGONY

ARGH! So the diaper rash thing... it is rearing it's ugly head again! I fear I may only be able to use my GroBaby's on the weekends with the disposable inserts :(

So on Friday mom and I headed to our fabric store where I purchased a yard of anti-pill fleece fabric. When we got home I proceeded to spend almost an hour cutting it into strips to fit inside the cloth diapers. Then came the not so fun part of pinning the edges and sewing them. We started sewing by hand, and that lasted for about 6 strips, then we decided we had had enough for the night. Upon arriving home I find my Kissaluvs on my doorstep! Oh happy day! Diapers that are AIO's (all in one's for those newbie's) and are already fleece lined!!!! My only regret is that I only ordered 8 of them :( I proceeded to prep my Kissaluv Marvels Friday night, and all through the weekend. Tatum went to the babysitters with the GroBaby shells and the Biosoaker disposable inserts. More on how that went in a little bit....

So all of my Kissaluvs were prepped and ready to use Tuesday morning. I had continued to use the overnight Huggies on her over the weekend as we continued to slather Desitin on the Tot's bum all weekend long. By Tuesday morning it was looking darn near as fresh as a newborn baby's butt :) Tuesday morning I started using the Kissaluvs, as all of my fleece liners had not been made yet. Successful day on Tuesday. A little bit of redness, but I used some cornstarch baby powder on her bum with each diaper change and it didn't get too bad. Last night she had a Kissaluv with 2 extra hemp inserts. One underneath the fleece, and one on top of the fleece. She stayed dry all night, and slept until almost 6:30 (insert happy dance here!). Put another Kissaluv on her this morning and she was fine. Did I forget to mention that in the meantime, Tuesday evening mom and I whipped out the rest of the fleece liners on her VERY old sewing machine that she finally dug out? So I had washed them with all of her diapers from yesterday, and they were all fresh and ready to go today. So for her 2nd diaper of the day I thought, "what the heck I'll try a GroBaby with the cloth insert and a layer of fleece." NOT a good idea apparently. She pooped, it ended up all in the shell, and her butt was as red as a baboon's! So all this afternoon I have been trying to get her bottom cleared up. Made a mad dash to Target, where I found out they sell California Baby products (including CD safe diaper cream). So I have been slathering that on her with every diaper change, and trying to change her about every 1 to 1.5 hours. She is still pretty red, but she isn't crying as bad with each diaper change. So I am thinking there is improvement.

I posted a comment on the GroVia discussion board on their Facebook fan page about the rash she got last week. After some back and forth, I got an e-mail from Kim, the company's CEO. Very lovely woman, that Kim. She is being very helpful, and sending me a pack of Bioliners, which are disposable liners to put on top of the GroBaby inserts. I also have ordered a couple of "Magic Sticks" barrier cream, and some StayDry doublers that have fleece on one side. I am planning on making every attempt at getting the GroBaby's to work without giving Tater a rash. That is how much I love the product, or the idea of the product. I still plan on using the shells on the weekends when she goes to the sitters, though. With the Biosoakers.

So about the sitter.....

When I told Ruby that I was switching to cloth diapers, I don't think I could have measured how big her eyes got, or the amount of crazy she thought I was. She didn't say much other than "Okay..." So when I showed up on Saturday morning, sat down, and pulled out the GroBaby shells and disposable inserts, her little face just about lit up. You could see the relief!! She let out a big ole sigh and said, "well that's not gonna be bad at all!! I thought you were talking about those old birdseye white diapers with the pins and the plastic pants like we used to use 30 years ago!! These are WAY different!" All I could think of was the old Virginia Slims slogan "You've come a long way, baby!" Definitely NOT our mother's cloth diapers!

Today in the mail came the Rumparooz I orderd off of EcoBabyBuys.com, and the DreamEze I orderd off of BabyHalfOff.com . Those are in the wash, prepping, as I type. I hope I can get two washes in tonight, and a third one in the morning. I will be anxious to see how the Rumparooz go. It's a "pocket" diaper that I have to "stuff," but I have a bunch of hemp inserts that ordered with the Kissaluvs that I can use with those, as well as the microterry inserts that came with them. I will let you all know how those work out.

TaTa for now!
TaterTotMom

No comments:

Post a Comment